ABOUT ME...

My photo
I'm a self-professed adventure writer and former exercise junkie seeking a long-term relationship with my higher self, healthy workout habits, and a balanced, adventurous lifestyle in San Luis Obispo. Join me as I discover the healthy activities of SLO County, from land to sea.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

Morro Rock Beach
From land to sea, San Luis Obispo County is jam-packed with activities and locales that allow you to get some exercise. Whether you live in SLO County, visit here occasionally or plan to travel to this Central Coast mecca, the year-round temperate weather, along with the alluring coastline, Santa Lucia mountain range and agricultural influence, provide a healthy climate.

Since launching this blog in 2012, I started hitting the local beaches and hiking trails for exercise. Along the way a remarkable thing happened: I developed a healthy obsession for capturing the beauty I saw all around me. I especially grew to love sunset chasing; walking, kneeling and running along the sand to catch the perfect light reflecting on the water and shore have consumed my new-found photography hobby. 

Now that 2013 is gone and 2014 is staring us in the face, why not make this a banner year for your fitness goals and discover something new along the way? 

I've updated this site to include a partial list of SLO County organizations and business that might appeal to your sense of adventure. I believe one of the most important aspects of exercise is doing something that you personally find enjoyable—an activity that not only gets your blood pumping, but also nourishes your soul. The list I've compiled is by no means exhaustive and I welcome your input.

Whether you enjoy working out at the gym, paddle boarding, horseback riding, swimming, surfing, sailing, diving, kayaking, kite boarding, golfing, running, mountain biking, cycling, hiking, dancing, practicing yoga or the martial arts, I believe SLO County's got you covered. 

When it comes to fitness, everyone's sense of adventure is different. I hope you find and enjoy yours. 


Today I headed to Morro Rock Beach in Morro Bay. After a very long walk on the beach breathing the fresh, salt-scented air and listening to the soft crashing waves, I found my place of enlightenment.
 
 I'm always amazed at the bevy of activity on this quiet stretch of beach. Today I saw everything from fisherman and paddle boarders, to walkers and joggers, to horseback riders and surfers. Morro Rock Beach is quite a place to get the exercise of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment